For a sport and active holiday, Tuscany is the land of unlimited opportunities. The mild climate and many days of sun provide the ideal training conditions for pro and hobby sports fans alike, especially in the cooler months of the year. Extended cycling tours, tennis or golf tournaments or even hiking trips through the attractive Mediterranean landscape are a pleasure all year round.Request
Our Open Day at December 15th
Surfing in Tuscany
Only 15 or 30 minutes drive from Il Pelagone, SURFRELAX operates two fully equipped beaches: Puntone di Scarlino and Castiglione della Pescaia are available for sporting activities from May to October. Courses in kitesurfing, windsurfing, stand up paddling and sailing are offered here for all ages. The offers are accompanied by qualified instructors. The equipment can be rented on site. The hotel’s private beach in Follonica offers free umbrellas and sun loungers to enjoy the sun and have a well-deserved break with a delicious drink.
Hiking in Tuscany
Vast meadows, hidden gorges, flocks of sheep and peaceful villages are all yours to discover in this enchanting landscape. Hike through the traces of the past along trails that lead through mediaeval hilltop villages and past ruins and old monastery walls.
Sport & Training in Tuscany
- comfortable temperatures all year round
- Toscana golf club with 18-hole golf course and pro shop
- 2 well-maintained tennis courts
- endurance training in the large swimming pool or on the hotel’s own private beach (seasonal)
- low-traffic running and cycling routes of all difficulty grades
- on-site e-bike rental
- packed lunch to take with you
- washing and drying of sports clothes (fee applicable)
FAMILY HOLIDAYS IN THE HEART OF TUSCANY
Families with children are more than welcome at the Il Pelagone Hotel & Golf Resort. Our little guests will be warmly cared for in our Kids’ Club (from approx. mid-May to mid-September) with a different programme every day. And while the kids are being entertained, their parents can enjoy a relaxing game of golf.
Whether in the pool, at the playground or in the extensive hotel grounds, this resort reflects the Italians’ famous child-friendly nature! See for yourself with a family holiday in Tuscany.
Our hotel grounds offer all sorts of opportunities for active entertainment. Children can wear themselves out playing table football, beach volleyball, table tennis and tennis on the tennis courts. A separate pool area for families and kids guarantees all the water fun you can imagine and the Hotel’s private beach is an absolute paradise! Kids can build sand castles and look for shells on the gently sloping beach, while the pinewoods offer soothing shade when necessary.
There’s so much to experience and discover!
- Tennis courses on request within the hotel complex
- Surf- and Sailing courses in Follonica
- Children’s golf lessons on our own golf course
- Day trips to the neighbouring islands (seasonal)
- Hiking tours in the national park “Parco dell’ Uccellina”
- Cavallo Maremma horse centre in Marina di Grosseto
- Bicycle rides over the Tuscan hills
- Cavallino Matto fun park in Donoratico
- Follonica waterpark in Follonica
- Tarot garden by Niki de Saint Phalle in Capalbio